There has been a revival of sorts in Lanka and it is pointed out that Ravana had made great advances and also invented the pushpaka vimana or the airplane. In addition he is held in high regard as a physician. 7 medical books are credited to Ravana which were originally written in Sinhala and later translated to Sanskrit. Ravana’s medical books are NadiPariksha, Arka Prakashata, Uddisa Chiktsaya, Oddiya Chikitsa, Kumara Tantraya and Vatina Prakaranaya.
Hindu texts of that period also credit Ravana as a man who ruled the 3 worlds and was a follower of Shiva, the creator and destroyer. He is reported to have been administered the juice of immortality by Shiva. He had also mastered the Vedas and all the religious books of the Hindus.
Hindu texts also agree that Ravana was a virile king, who was fond of women, his favorite wife being Mandodri. Indian texts in particular the Ramayana mention that Ravana abducted the lovely Sita from the Jungles of central India and took her to Lanka.
Why did Ravana abduct Sita? The Ramayana mentions he did this as an act of revenge for his sister Supernlakha, whose nose had been chopped off by the brother of Rama, Laxman. When Ravana took Sita to Lanka he kept her with him in a separate palace in Central Lanka. He visited her everyday and lavished gifts and presents on Sita. The Ramayana mentions that during this entire period of captivity of Sita, she remained chaste. This does not gel with the actual facts as a beautiful woman in the custody of a powerful king cannot be left untouched.
Hindu texts do not discuss the relationship of Ravana and Sita in any detail. He did lavish gifts on her but the core issue is untouched. As Rama was the 9th avatar of Vishnu perhaps in deference to Rama this issue is left untouched. But now people in the 21st century can draw their own conjectures.
- NIGHTS- 05
- RATES: ADULTS – 450 USD
- INFANT – FOC
- CHILD – 180 USD
- CITY COVERED – KATARAGAMA – NUWARA ELIYA – KANDY – SIGIRIYA – NEGOMBO
Airport pick up and drop off ,
- Assistance at the airport ,
- Accommodation on bed & breakfast basis ,
- Private luxury Car (air-conditioned) ,
- Private English Speaking driver for the entire journey ,
- Tours / Excursions will be provided as per the Itinerary Details ,
- Highway Toll Free Fuel for Vehicle, Parking & etc. all taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included,
- Air fare and visa charges ,
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary or any kind of Beverages ,
- Any Entry Ticket Fee.
- Camera and video permits are excluded ,
- Travel Insurance is not included ,
- Guide/Driver tips are not included ,
- Personal expenses are excluded ,
- Early Check in & late checkout ,